How many people use categories service in Windows Live Spaces? Are you using or intending to use this service?
I have used it from now on. I knew it very early. But I never tried. Last month I read an entry which was about how to make blog more famous. It said that bloggers should arrange their entries under categories. It’s good to visitors of their pages. Visitors can read and understand the entries more easily and handily. And visitors will more possibly love the blog site, if they are interested in the entries. Out of question, if you want your blog more popular, you need to classify your posts.
It also looks like a catalog of your all entries. It will be helpful when I search some given entries, especially those which I posted long before. Syllabuses and clues always seem very useful. So if there are no categories within your entries, I think you could have a try.
I will show you the details of how to begin the category journey.
- You can add a category when you publish an entry. Click on Add a category.
- Then input the name of a category you like. Click on Add.
- There are some default categories provided by Microsoft. You can use them if you feel that they are also satisfying. Now you can choose a category while publishing entries.
- If you want the categories to display in the form of a list, you need the space module called Categories. After show the Categories on the page, visitors will be able to see your entry categories and also they can subscribe to categories they like. When the category is updated, they will get the feed.
- If you don’t need a category any more, you can delete it in Blog Settings. And don’t worry about it. If you delete a category the entries in that category are not deleted. However, visitors can no longer sort these these entries by that category.
Well, are you clear about the Categories? I hope you can enjoy it.